As part of informing and gathering input from the Kitselas community about major projects, Kitselas Chief and Council will be holding different events throughout the fall of 2014.
All materials, presentations and videos from these events will be posted online on the More Info page.
Kitselas & Major Projects – Part 2 What does Kitselas Want?
Monday, December 15 at Thornhill Community Centre (3091 Century Road)
This was a follow up meeting to the Aug 15-16, 15 community meeting: Kitselas & Major Projects Part 1. This meeting informed members where Kitselas at with projects and how each department works with the different projects and proponents. Chief, Council and staff also collected input from community members to help prioritize a Kitselas 'wish list' that will be used in negotiations with proponents.
- Project Engagement Overview by Department of Lands and Resources Community Liaison Officers
- Kitselas & Major Projects: What does Kitselas Want? by Kitselas Chief, negotiators and representatives from various Kitselas departments and program areas
Go to More Info to see meeting materials and powerpoint presentations.
Kitselas & Major Projects – Part 1 The BIG Picture
Friday and Saturday, August 15 and 16, 2014 at Kitselas Community Hall
This was the first meeting of many aimed at informing and collecting input from Kitselas members about projects proposed in and near our traditional territory. Topics covered include:
- All major projects proposed for Kitselas traditional territory
- Kitselas Band Council community engagement process
- Kitselas internal process for dealing with proposed projects
- LNG (Liquified Natural Gas) 101
- Impact Management Benefit Agreements
- Environmental Assessment process
- LNG 101 by Mark Podlasly, senior advisor, British Columbia First Nations Energy and Mining Council
- Impact Management Benefit Agreements by Chris Knight, Kitselas negotiator
- Environmental Assessment by Sam Coggins, Director, Kitselas Lands and Resources Department
Go to More Info to see videos of the meeting, meeting materials and powerpoint presentations.